Lanes of Parnell Street, Clonmel

MyClonmel >>> Old Lanes of Clonmel >>> Lanes of Parnell Street

Lanes of Parnell Street

Not very many lanes existed on this street.

 

dominickLane

Dominick Lane

Located between Nos. 53 & 54 Parnell Street (opposite Anglesea Street entrance), it runs towards the rear of Eldon Morris’ public house in Dillon Street.

cahillsLane2

Cahills Lane

Situated between Nos. 8 & 9 Parnell Street. This lane connects both to Anglesea Street, and to Wellington Street.

It was popularly known as Moloughney’s Lane, owing to the side door of that pub opening into this lane.

dowdsLane

Dowds Lane

Situated at the top of Parnell St, at the junction with Mitchel Street.

Around 1798, Messrs. Greer and Murphy opened their breweries in Dowd’s Lane (and Nelson Street).

Bulmers made cider in this lane since the 1930’s, although the manufacture is now moved to Annerville, some 2 miles from the town. Apples and cider are still stored there.

Share

Leave a Comment