26 – 57 Gladstone Street, Clonmel

Clonmel  >>>  Shop/Premises Occupiers  >>>  Gladstone Street Shops  >>>  26 – 57 Gladstone Street

As the second most important street in Clonmel, Gladstone St. has been at the heart of Clonmel from early times, and has seen many businesses come and go.

Premises Occupants, present and past.

28-gladstone
-26 now demolished
Mrs Cashin,c. 1920, Turf Accountant
James Fleming, 1846, Public House
27 Slatterys Vision Store (closed)
J & G Boyd, mid-1900’s, Hardware & Electrical shop
Miss Butler, 1935, Draper
Mrs C Murphy, c. 1901, Grocer
28 Slatterys Vision Store (closed)
J & G Boyd, mid-1900’s, Hardware & Electrical shop
William Dwyer, c. 1901, Grocer
29 Benetton Kavanaghs, up to 1970’s, Pawnshop, Fishing Gear.
Denis Skehan, c. 1901, Public House
Stokes & Quirke, Auctioneers
McGraths Menswear & Drapery, mid-1900’s, Drapers and Outfitters
T M Simmons, c. 1901, Grocer
Quirkes , c. 1901, Seed Merchant
39 Pearls Chinese & European Cuisine
Abrakebabra Fast Food
Faheys Menswear, 1980’s?, Menswear McGraths Menswear & Drapery, mid-1900’s, Drapers and Outfitters
Smartwear?, 1950’s, Clothes
ACC Bank, 1980’s
Denis Lowry, 1950’s-1980, Hardware Shop
Michael Sutton, 1846, Provisions
 41-gladstone-st
 43-gladstone
43 Carphone Warehouse
Leo Swift Hairdresser, 1960’s-1990’s, “Maison Swift”
John Morris, 1846, Provisions
55 Tivoli Cards
Tony Wrixon, 1980’s, Public House
Mary O’Sullivan, 1945, Wine & Spirits
John Barrett, 1846, Hatter
56 Ryan Thomas Jewellers
T Galvin, c. 1910, Grocery & Spirits
57 NailDivas, 2012, Nail Bar (Beauty)
Miriam Halley, 2011, Boutique
Conor Fleming Opticians 1990’s
Widgers’ residence
M Butler, 1935, Bootmaker
Michael Butler, c. 1920, Footwear
-58 not now in existence. The street may have been renumbered after 1846.
-59 not now in existence. The street may have been renumbered after 1846. Richard Miller, 1846, Public House
 57-gladstone-st

{ 15 comments… read them below or add one }

1 VaporBurst November 28, 2021 at 10:14 pm

I look after a vape store web directory and we have had a posting from a vape store in the United States that likewise markets CBD products. A Calendar month afterwards, PayPal has written to use to claim that our account has been restricted and have requested us to get rid of PayPal as a payment method from our vape shop submission site. We do not offer for sale CBD items such as CBD oil. We merely provide advertising and marketing services to CBD companies. I have had a look at Holland & Barrett– the UK’s Reputable Health Store and if you take a close look, you will see that they sell a pretty extensive series of CBD products, particularly CBD oil and they also happen to accept PayPal as a settlement method. It seems that PayPal is employing double standards to different firms. Because of this constraint, I can no longer accept PayPal on my CBD-related site. This has restrained my payment options and currently, I am heavily contingent on Cryptocurrency payments and straightforward bank transfers. I have consulted with a solicitor from a Magic Circle law office in London and they explained that what PayPal is doing is absolutely illegal and discriminatory as it ought to be applying a consistent criterion to all companies. I am still to consult yet another lawyer from a US law office in The city of london to see what PayPal’s legal position is in the USA. For the time being, I would be highly appreciative if anybody here at targetdomain could provide me with different payment processors/merchants that deal with CBD companies.

2 why does aliexpress cover up lingerie November 27, 2021 at 4:54 am

Is anyone here in a position to recommend High Waisted Bottoms? Thanks xox

3 Lead Generation Strategies For Email Marketers November 19, 2021 at 1:53 pm

Can anyone able to recommend quality Catering Sinks Business Marketing Data? Thank you 😀

4 lotionz cbd oil November 18, 2021 at 10:59 pm

Hi everybody ! can anyone suggest where I can purchase CBD Pods CBD Compatible Pods?

5 Nutritional Products International November 18, 2021 at 5:17 am

By way of introduction, I am Mark Schaefer, and I represent Nutritional Products International. We serve both international and domestic manufacturers who are seeking to gain more distribution within the United States. Your brand recently caught my attention, so I am contacting you today to discuss the possibility of expanding your national distribution reach.We provide expertise in all areas of distribution, and our offerings include the following: Turnkey/One-stop solution, Active accounts with major U.S. distributors and retailers, Our executive team held executive positions with Walmart and Amazon, Our proven sales force has public relations, branding, and marketing all under one roof, We focus on both new and existing product lines, Warehousing and logistics. Our company has a proven history of initiating accounts and placing orders with major distribution outlets. Our history allows us to have intimate and unique relationships with key buyers across the United States, thus giving your brand a fast track to market in a professional manner. Please contact me directly so that we can discuss your brand further. Kind Regards, Mark Schaefer, marks@nutricompany.com, VP of Business Development, Nutritional Products International, 101 Plaza Real S, Ste #224, Boca Raton, FL 33432, Office: 561-544-0719

6 Hairstyles November 8, 2021 at 3:42 pm

Nice blog here! Additionally your website quite a bit up fast! What web host are you the use of? Can I get your affiliate hyperlink to your host? I desire my web site loaded up as fast as yours lol

7 how many uses for cbd o.pen November 7, 2021 at 10:32 pm

Hello everyone ! can anyone advise where I can purchase Nava?

8 Luciana November 7, 2021 at 7:38 pm

what where purchase cbd

9 How to Leverage Facebook Groups for Building an Email List November 7, 2021 at 12:06 pm

Can anyone able to recommend good Helplines Business Marketing Data? Thank you 😀

10 Hairstyles November 5, 2021 at 9:27 am

Thanks for another great post. Where else could anybody get that kind of info in such a perfect way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such info.

11 Fashion Styles November 2, 2021 at 1:46 pm

Hi! I know this is kind of off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty finding one? Thanks a lot!

12 Silver Smoke November 2, 2021 at 12:45 pm

Has anyone ever tried Aqua E-Juice Vape Juice?

13 Hairstyles November 2, 2021 at 11:32 am

I have observed that car insurance firms know the motors which are susceptible to accidents and also other risks. In addition they know what style of cars are inclined to higher risk and also the higher risk they have the higher the particular premium price. Understanding the very simple basics associated with car insurance will help you choose the right type of insurance policy which will take care of your family needs in case you happen to be involved in an accident. Many thanks for sharing the actual ideas on the blog.

14 tony connolly February 1, 2017 at 7:22 pm

do you remember ryans sweetshop beside suttons coal yard on gladstone st 1950 60s

15 Neil Sharkey August 8, 2016 at 4:32 pm

Very interesting. May I add the following: No. 44 – My grandfather James Sharkey established the Watchmaking and Jewellery business there in 1895 and it continued until 1959 when Patrick Quirke purchased the premises. My great aunt Margaret Nolan held No. 40 as a Drapery and Millinery shop from c. 1900 to c. 1945 after which my aunts May & Helen Sharkey ran it as a children’s clothes shop (c 1948 – 1953). My cousin Dermot Condon had a pharmacy at the corner into Mitchell St (57 – Widgers) from c. 1960 to about 1990). Premier Meats (No. 50) was Ronans and before that Halleys (I think) before becoming Premier M. No 45 was occupied by Jeremiah O Brien – Agent for Alfa Laval milking machines from c 1890s to c. 1955. I recall Paddy Hahessy’s Hairdresser as being in or about no. 49 not 45. I’m sure I could recall most of the shops on the other side from c. 1900 to 1960